Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , well i am thinking of getting another rat . But was just wondering if anyone had an idea for a small , very portable Carrier i can make just to get it home. I will have to travel back by bus , and then walk about 5 mins . Unfortunatly there is no other travel i can do. Any ideas welcome :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dapper Rat has a good temporary/travel cage here. You could do it with a smaller rubbermaid-type container with holes drilled in the top if you want to be able to do it quicker.

Or, if you want to go the store bought route, small cat carriers work well. Or something like this .

·
Registered
261 Posts
when you buy your rat from the pet store, they give you a traveling box that comes with the rat you buy, so if you are getting them from a pet store, you really dont need to worry. if you are thinking of getting your rat from a breeder, what i did was take a small cardboard box to for that rat to nest in untill you get home and put them in a better supporting cage and then put a towel on top so that rat feels safe and secure and you dont have to worry about her/him jumping out and escaping. make sure who already have a least one rat for a playmate if you are only getting one on that present trip and properly intoduce them, or get two ratties so the other has a playmate. good luck and keep us updated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.