Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few times I've heard a rapid tapping sound coming from Nibbler's direction. Like he's tapping on whatever he's standing on. (i.e. plastic cage bottom, plastic mat under the cage, etc...) It's really fast though, like he's itching and maybe tapping his other foot. I've yet to witness it with my eyes, so I'm not sure what he's actually doing. All I can think of is Thumper from Bamby where he's scratching and his other foot gets going. But it could be something else. Has anyone seen a rat do that? Or something else that would make a rapid tapping sound?

·
Registered
955 Posts
The only things my rats do that make a tapping sound is either itching (and hitting something like the wall of the cage in the process) or when they chase each other down and hump each other. :p

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Yeah, it's usually the heel of the foot - since it's so big - hitting the floor rapidly.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Never heard the other 3 do it, and Buddy is always itchy, so it was strange. But Nibbler is really small and always hiding somewhere so he's probably itching in a more confined space and hitting the wall/floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts