Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 3 female rats raised from young age together, one of the rats has started attacking a particular cage mate a few weeks ago and it keeps getting worse.

Everytime she is around her cage mate she immediately lunges at her and grabs her by the ears and starts yanking or flipping her causing injury and bleeding to her ears.

It has got to the point when the submissive rat does nothing but cower in a corner when the aggressor rat is around so I finally had to seperate them.

I have tried everything to fix the problem but no matter what I do her beef with the submissive rat keeps getting worse, has anyone delt with ear biting in particular, the aggressor rat is the youngest of the 3 and she only has a problem with the one rat who wont fight back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If they are shedding blood then you definitely need to seperate them, reintroduction is a way to get them to get along with each other if you are not willing to try it then you still need to seperate, regular play fighting is normal but if she is causing blood or injury you can not leave them alone together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts