Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think there is a market out there for cute story book like rat art? Or maybe fairy rat sculpy sculptures? I'm trying to think of extra ways to bulk up my vet fund.

Rat portraits maybe as well? If so what media?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i'd do soft watercolors (watercolor pencils, maybe?) to do a rat portrait. catch the gentle human side that only people who love them can see.

and i bet there is a market somewhere, you just have to find it. sounds fun, keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I do watercolor and color pencils mostly. I also do computer art but my tablet is dyeing D: Not cool.

I also have ferrets and am on a ferret forum. Doing ferret art will be fun. I also thought it would be fun to make little sculpy rats with fairy wings >_>

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've done digital rat commissions before, using Photoshop CS2 or Illustator. It's good because it's fairly fast, and since it's digital you don't have to worry about the cost of replacing your real media. You also dont have to worry about postage, and payment can be done through Paypal so it's quick and easy for everyone :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I story boarded and did some preliminary sketches and concept art for a standalone comic about 1920's era gangsters who rode giant rats through the streets of new york, but never ended up completing the project. My avatar is a heavily cropped block from a splash page.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I do memorial plaques and so on, which are more or less portraits. I haven't really recieved rave reviews and orders. I'm working on plaques 2 and 3 now. A second of rats and one of a cat. I do more realistic work, instead of cartoon types. And I also do memorial graphics for sigs but no luck there either. So much for extra funding to my rescue lol

Some people have good luck, others don't. Perhaps you'll be luckier than some lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts