Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t spend a fortune but I love to collect original art in the form of pictures,carvings, pottery.....especially any thing rat related of course.Here are a couple of my favourites.The first one is an unusual engraving I picked up at a woodwork fair and the second was made by a lady that double glazes and fires antique medicine bottles then she puts transfers of her artwork onto them
Wood Artifact Art Font Pattern
Shoe Hat Automotive design Art Eyewear

·
Registered
Rats, rats, rats!
154 Posts
First pic was before I even had pet rats at the Del Mar Fair, supposedly my name in Chinese with my Chinese Zodiac (year of the Water Rat). Had for about 30 years… The painting is a commissioned piece by Darrell Driver, It’s hard to tell with the dark background but the rat is holding a large bubble wand and translucent bubbles are floating back, and monarch butterflies are ties to the front of the bike leading the pack… Honors my love of ratties and my time as a cyclist/coach. Odd painting, but fun!
Art Picture frame Cephalopod Wall Font
Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Picture frame Tire

·
Registered
Rats, rats, rats!
154 Posts
I love that painting💕
Thanks, it’s so goofy and cute! I met Darrell Driver at an art fair, he’s a really quirky artist and I instantly fell in love with his work. Lucky to have an original commissioned artwork, thinking of getting one done for the local small animal rescue to raffle off — maybe with a rat, hamster, guinea pig, bunny and chinchilla having an adventure…

·
Registered
322 Posts
This thread is cool! I have rarely seen rats depicted anywhere, so nice to see others are finding rat art. I have 2 different rat tattoos, but will refrain from posting a pic, as I'm not so into putting personal pics of myself on the internet.
Does anyone else have rat tattoos?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
🤣🤣🤣I love this lady’s art,she does her art on greetings cards too.She mainly does wild flowers,bugs and fungi so I couldn’t believe my luck when I saw she had a rat in her series.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a local artist called Jill Desborough who does a lot of sculpture.She did a series called Lovely Rats to honor rats and challenge peoples misconceptions of them.She has a series of gold plated resin rat sculptures ( she has a website if you look her up you can see them,they are stunning) that are way out of my price range at over £1000.Several years ago I was in a local art gallery and cafe when I saw that she had knocked out a one off series of concrete garden ornaments that were only £15! So here it is,on the front of my house,I put a little Santa hat on her for Christmas!
Photograph Green Flowerpot Blue Houseplant

·
Registered
Rats, rats, rats!
154 Posts
There is a local artist called Jill Desborough who does a lot of sculpture.She did a series called Lovely Rats to honor rats and challenge peoples misconceptions of them.She has a series of gold plated resin rat sculptures ( she has a website if you look her up you can see them,they are stunning) that are way out of my price range at over £1000.Several years ago I was in a local art gallery and cafe when I saw that she had knocked out a one off series of concrete garden ornaments that were only £15! So here it is,on the front of my house,I put a little Santa hat on her for Christmas! View attachment 307434
What a gorgeous statue! Love the idea of the Santa hat. (Would look cute for all holidays, I’m sure 🥰) I’ll have to check out her work, thanks for the lead!

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
482 Posts
Rebeccas ear chipped when I took her to school with me one time because our homework was to bring something special to school and unfortunately it is against school policy to bring rats to school :(. She broke while in my backpack because the wrapping I put her in unraveled while I was walking (I live a mile away from my school so I sometimes walk home)

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
482 Posts
I tried with another broken part that made her a little to real to life if you know what I mean. I used low grade air dry clay though. My six year old brother got the same set for some context. When I tried to fix it the chip just kinda expanded. So yeah I’m not going to try to fix it and just hide the broken ear with hats.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I think it gives her character anyway,love the way you’ve done the whiskers out of wires.I don’t know why more people don’t use rats as art inspiration,they have such an elegant shape to them.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today is my birthday!!!!! I am really focussing on typing straight as I have had 2 mojitos and 3 glasses of champagne🥳🙃🤪I am at my best friend's house and she got this awesome cake made for me Nobody could cut the face as it was too cute! I have put this under rat art as I think people who decorate cakes like this are skilled artists
Food Cake decorating Tableware Cake decorating supply Cake
v
Food Cake decorating Cake decorating supply Cake Ingredient

·
Registered
Rats, rats, rats!
154 Posts
Today is my birthday!!!!! I am really focussing on typing straight as I have had 2 mojitos and 3 glasses of champagne🥳🙃🤪I am at my best friend's house and she got this awesome cake made for me Nobody could cut the face as it was too cute! I have put this under rat art as I think people who decorate cakes like this are skilled artists
Wow, first off, Happy birthday!!! And yes, that cake is adorable, what a sweet friend to get you such a sweet cake. Friends who celebrate our ratty love are definitely keepers. 😉

1 - 20 of 32 Posts