Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know golden pothos is very toxic to dogs and cats. Sigmund scarfed down about a nickel sized piece of a leaf about 10 minutes ago. Is she going to be okay? She seems fine right now...google hasn't been able to tell me anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
It's toxic to everyone. Same applies to rats. Watch for the same signs, drooling, pawing at mouth ect. It can cause permanent kidney damage. You can use pepto bismal at home to help ease symptoms. If he can't breath he needs to go to the vets.

Hopefully he is ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
I think it should happen pretty fast. Though I did see one mention of it happening days afterwards, but I wouldn't take that article as a reliable source. Probably worth watching him a few days, but I think if you haven't seen anything yet, he's probably ok.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top