Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to bathe my rats tonight (they smell like death! 8O ) but they HATE water! they do a 5 foot jump every time they even get a paw wet! so any tips for water temp and how to make them not hat me? then plus back to the nails, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 8O thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
i think warm to cool temp water. or just try getting a sponge towel or even a hand and wipe them down maybe?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The first and only time I tried to give my rat a bath, I could barely get her in the water. She clawed my arm up pretty bad trying to escape the sink. So what I do is wet a washcloth and get her a good rub-down. It seems to be less traumatizing for her.

However, I've read that some people's rats don't mind or even like baths. It all depends on the rat.

As for nails, are you asking about clipping them? My rat doesn't really need a full clip, so on occassion I actually just rub my nailfile gently across her claws.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well ya, im gonna try a nail file, she squeaks when i try to clip them then tries to hide under me and i feel bad...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts