Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I use this in my litter boxes... my 4 chewed it for a couple minutes and have left it all alone since realizing that it's not food. Eventually, they'll stop unless one of them takes a liking to the taste of recycled paper. As for walking on it, it should be OK. I just have it in the litter boxes, so they're not on it all the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I put critter care "bedding" in the tiny litter box I just got them (yesterday) because I wanted to start training them to potty in there. WHICH they have been since I put it in.
& I was using critter care bedding for the whole cage but red something about yesterday's news being even better for full time bedding? They don't tend to hangout at the bottom of the cage often anyways, they are usually on the other levels so I'm hoping this'll be ok. What type of bedding do you use? I'm trying to find the RIGHT bedding for them. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a modified DFN with 2.5" Bass pans. I was originally using fleece as the main bedding and YN in the litter boxes; however, I have recently switched over to the IKEA Borris mats and have found them to work better than fleece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts