Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my friend recently gifted me a fur fluffy type material for my ratties cage to use as bedding through the winter. I am wondering if this would be bad for their respiratory system or if they chew on it will they choke? I haven't put it in their cage, I am just double checking that I am correct in thinking this since it was a gift :)

·
Registered
Lilac, Comet, and Spark
541 Posts
Yes, is there an exact name for it?

Normally I would say stay away from fluffy fur-like material, as it could wind around your rats' necks, body parts and possibly choke or trap them. If they chew on fluffy, furry material it also may stick in their mouth and they could possibly choke or swallow bits of fur.

If you're not sure of the name I would just steer away, as it's better safe than sorry :)

Reactions: emorattata

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, is there an exact name for it?

Normally I would say stay away from fluffy fur-like material, as it could wind around your rats' necks, body parts and possibly choke or trap them. If they chew on fluffy, furry material it also may stick in their mouth and they could possibly choke or swallow bits of fur.

If you're not sure of the name I would just steer away, as it's better safe than sorry :)
It’s not got any specific name but I would say it’s like the fur throws you could buy from the shops, the same faux fur material. Thank you for your response it is very helpful, I will stay away from it! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts