Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while ago, I recieved my first pet rat, Gerdy. She is almost 2 now, and she is a very high energy, optimistic dumbo girl. A few months ago, I started reading online that it is always best to have a buddy for your rats. So soon after, I got another dumbo girl, Chloe. They got along so incredibly well. Almost like they had known each other their entire lives. Then about 2 months after I adopted Chloe, I went into work one day, and saw this 4 year old female rat. She was the sweetest little girl, and I knew she didn't have a long life left. So, I wanted to give her the best rest of her life possible. I adopted her, and named her Trinity. I introduced Gerdy and Chloe to Trinity, and Gerdy and Chloe took Trinity under their wing. They were the 3 musketeers. They were best friends. As I knew when I adopted her, Trinity passed away about a week or so ago. I felt like I had lost a member of my family, and my family was incomplete. I knew I needed to get a new rat to complete my family again. Not to replace Trinity, but to complete my family again. Today, I got a call from a friend of mine and he said that he was at a pet store buying food for his pets. He called me to tell me that he saw a 6 month old rat that the pet store was trying to adopt out, because the owners abandoned her. He asked me if I would be interested in her. I asked him if she was healthy, if she was a female, if she was friendly, and if she got along with other rats. He said yes, yes, yes, and yes. I took her in, gave her a bath, and put her put her on the counter. I went and grabbed Chloe and Gerdy, and put them on the counter with the new girl. They seemed absolutely fine together, and didn't seem to have problems. So, I put them all in the cage together, and watched them. The new rat climbed into the little shelter I have for them. Chloe went to go into the shelter as well, and the new rat swatted at her. Chloe kept trying to get in, and she kept trying to keep her out. So, I took the shelter out, and watched again. Gerdy and the new girl stood up on their back feet and just stared at each other. They moved on from that. Then, Chloe and the new rat kept staring at each other. Chloe would run, then stop, then run, then stop. They then attacked each other twice, to the point where I had to scold at them. Gerdy and the new rat keep sniffing each other, and licking each other and stuff. They seem to be working on getting along but I am very scared of what is going on between Chloe and the new rat. Chloe is about 6-8 months old, and the new rat is 6 months. They are very sweet to people, but seem to be iffy with each other. The last thing I want is for either of them to get hurt. If anyone has any suggestions, or tips for me to try, PLEASE help!???????????????

1 - 1 of 1 Posts