Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rat is very friendly, she likes everyone. However, she is always nibbling people's fingers and other parts. She bites me through my clothing and it really hurts some time. How do I train her not to bite?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My rat is very friendly, she likes everyone. However, she is always nibbling people's fingers and other parts. She bites me through my clothing and it really hurts some time. How do I train her not to bite?
The next time she bites you vocalize that it hurt by loudly saying ow.If this doesn’t get her to stop try gently flipping her on her back and holding her there for a few seconds.I tried this on my female rat and she quickly learned not to bite too hard.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Definitely squeak if she does that, its how rats tell each other that it hurts, she may not know it hurts since that how rats play with each other and explore the world. You can also give her a licking treat on your hand and if she nips then squeak and take your hand away, after a little bit give it back and repeat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely squeak if she does that, its how rats tell each other that it hurts, she may not know it hurts since that how rats play with each other and explore the world. You can also give her a licking treat on your hand and if she nips then squeak and take your hand away, after a little bit give it back and repeat.
Thanks l will try that.
The next time she bites you vocalize that it hurt by loudly saying ow.If this doesn’t get her to stop try gently flipping her on her back and holding her there for a few seconds.I tried this on my female rat and she quickly learned not to bite too hard.
I have tried the NO, but I will try the back flipping. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts