Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is safe, a disinfectant, deodorizer, and safe?Otoban?Nature Miracle?Vinegar?Not only for the shelves cages etc but also washing their fleece?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Diluted vinegar is good for cleaning the cage. I'm sure Natures Miracle would be OK too but it's expensive. For fleece laundry I like unscented laundry soap and also Dr.Bronners unscented liquid Castile soap and vinegar.

·
Registered
555 Posts
For fleece I wash it by hand with baby shampoo and then let it soak in a tub full of boiling hot water and a cup of vinegar then hang them to dry. They come out scentless which is good!

For cleaning their cage I do the same thing. Wash with baby shampoo and then soak in water/vinegar.

For clean ups in between the full wash of the cage, I use unscented baby wipes which work wonders I find. Super quick and easy and gets any gross messes cleaned up without leaving an odor.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I LOVE Odoban. I clean with it as well as use it when laundering the fleece cage liners. It does a great job at breaking down the smell of urine, and I think at certain concentrations, it works as a disinfectant too :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Vinegar is always fantastic, but I'm also a fan of Dr. Bronner's soaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts