Rat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi fellow rat lovers! These are some pictures of my rats’ cage. All the things in it are - A bridge, a tunnel, a tree trunk hide, a Space Pod, 4 Lava Ledges, a wheel, an Easter egg basket, a t-shirt (made into a hammock), a litter box, a food/water dish, and their water bottle. 😂

·
Registered
Hulu, Dibs, Sprout, & Mochi
399 Posts
Looks good! Maybe add some foraging toys or consider taking out the shelf but other than that I like it.

·
Registered
Willow, Comet, and Spark
245 Posts
That looks great! (I see your bedding sticking to the fleece/cloth in the last photo 😂)

Reactions: TwilxghtRat

·
Registered
Scampi + Goose
88 Posts
It looks great. I will always recommend taking out the shelf though, this really helps to create more space for hanging toys, bridges, etc. I always like to look at some inspiration when I rearrange my cage, clean it, or go on a rat haul. I for some reason can't get images on my thread response 🤷‍♀️. I will post them later if I can get it to work. Your cage looks wonderful.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! Maybe add some foraging toys or consider taking out the shelf but other than that I like it.
It looks great. I will always recommend taking out the shelf though, this really helps to create more space for hanging toys, bridges, etc. I always like to look at some inspiration when I rearrange my cage, clean it, or go on a rat haul. I for some reason can't get images on my thread response 🤷‍♀️. I will post them later if I can get it to work. Your cage looks wonderful.
I actually was thinking about taking out the level, but I don’t know where I would put their food/water bowl, I really like the positioning of where it is right now, LOL! Do you have any suggestions for a smaller level that they can just stand on while drinking some water? They have a water bottle and I scatter feed them, I just don’t like having only one water source.

That looks great! (I see your bedding sticking to the fleece/cloth in the last photo 😂)
Yep, that’s one of the struggles I have with Dew, she likes to steal bedding from the top layer and put it around the tree trunk hide to create a “warm, hidden cuddle area” 😂

·
Registered
399 Posts
Try lava ledges for a level to put water bottles over.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay! Do you suggest that I just get rid of their water/food dish and replace it with water bottles?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would find a crock dish that sticks out of the side of the cage that you can put next to the ledge so they can use that if they want to or I would just use a water bottle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok! I’m planning on buying 2 yards of this fabric, to make C&D 2 hammocks. I also ordered the Naps and Nibbles Pak from RattyBox, so I’m probably not going to remove the 2nd level until all the hammocks have arrived/been made. Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone! 😁

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, thanks for the link! Do you suggest size S, M, or L? Sorry for all the questions 😂

·
Registered
Scampi + Goose
88 Posts
I say large. If it is too small and runs out you aren't home, you are in trouble. I like to use this in a combination with 2 water bottles, in case something breaks or my rats can't figure out how to share.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't like to use very large water bottles. I have a couple of 10 oz bottles and a small wall mounted bowl.

The reason I like smaller bottles is because I know how lazy I can be and If I used large bottles, I'd leave them until they were nearly empty and my boys would never have fresh water. Smaller bottles requires me to give them fresh water often.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts