like lil tee's for them

i have seen some pics of rats wearing clothes
and i've seen alot for ferrets, but cant seem to find any for ratties

just for cute photos etc

i think its a bit mean - but it would be cool for a quick photoshoot = ]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i made a little sweater for picasso out of a sock, but when i put it on her it competely disoriented her and she couldn't walk straight with it on. hilarious, i'll have to show you the video sometime.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha aww.

well i had a go at making a little jumper for my smallest rat Makk
i havent tried the finished product on him yet cos i kept messing about with it on him to get measurements etc and he got sick of it after a while, but i'll put it on him another time for a pic, it does look cute = ]

here are the pics of it although its not on.

AND HERES THE LITTLE GUY THATS GOING TO WEAR IT

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
looking forward to the pics with it on. but please watch to make sure the caps lock isn't stuck in the future.

·
Registered
276 Posts
uhhg...

thats horrible...

I guess if your rats let you.

pets don't NEED clothes.
other than a collar (if its a dog)
unless its for protection

booties for small dogs, or things like that
or sled dogs.

thats the end of it

your rats though lol
I personally they they look idiotic in "clothes"

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i would love to learn how to make that. i have 13 rats that would hate me but i would love to do it anyway. it'd be the perfect photo op!

·
Registered
532 Posts
i think clothes are cute, but some people go WAY overboard. like tiny raincoats and rain booties for dogs. cute for a photo-op, but when they "need to get dressed before going out," that crosses the line into weirdness... 8O

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
some of the breeds need it. the hairless can have very sensitive skin and i hear they chill easily. so for that type of dog i can understand the clothes. the winter booties on dogs out in the snow a lot, again good idea. the pads on their feet get just as cold as our feet would get, though it may take a little longer.

however, a raincoat on a newfie? or a tootoo on a poodle? photo-op sure, but not needed for regular wear.

as far as rats are concerned, it just looks too cute not to snap as many pics the camera will hold. if my cats would let me do it to them and not ruin the picture with their sour looks i would be dressing them in baby clothes in a heartbeat and taking as many pictures (even if it was only mental one) as fast as i could. i wouldn't do it every day though either. it'd be too much work and i want my animals to at least like me somewhat.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i was thinking more about the whole "Paris Hilton" mentality (my dog is an accessory and needs to match me all the time, so i dress it in the same clothes i wear)

i understand about the special needs doggies, poor little guys.

(sorry for bashing Paris, she just was the first celeb that came to mind. i'm sure there are others who do it, too.)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think it would be adorable if I brouth my rat in to the vet with a sweater or a jacket in the winter. I accatualy brought a ferret t shirt but it was really snug on him and the arm holes were too big. He kept walking out of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.