Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Bacardi, my oldest, falls over when grooming himself and then looks about like 'did anyone see that?' I think it's hilarious. :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
the funnies thing my Super Steve does is he clings to the side of the cage and then I tickle his belly then He will throw his head backwards almost like he is laughing so hard he can't control himself. Little Man is a pop corn and his antics are always hilarious there is nothing I can pinpoint with him LoL

·
Registered
212 Posts
Omg, how long have you got?! Steals things...namely items of clothing which he somehow manages to drag into his cage (which his quite an achievement for a blind rat!), dug up my cactus (rip cactus :( ), falls off my windowledge while cleaning himself, eats my makeup while i'm not watching, and tried to run off with a huuuge dairy milk easter egg :D Oscar's the real comedian, but Moss is learning!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ed has repeatedly stolen and chewed the buttons off of my Tamagatchi games.

(My secret addiction are any type of tiny, digital games like that, hehehe)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Some of mine like to chase my hand - and I make them run in circles. Repeatedly. For some reason that's always amused me a lot.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
2manyrats said:
Some of mine like to chase my hand - and I make them run in circles. Repeatedly. For some reason that's always amused me a lot.
For some reason, that amuses me more than it should, too :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have you tried training them to run in circles by themselves? I did briefly but lost interest... having a rat that would chase its tail on command would be the ultimate. ;)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I haven't actually tried it, but I can't help wondering if it might send them a bit mad - you know, like they say dogs go crazy if they chase their tails too often?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Sphinx rat sorts her food! i hold a handful of food in my hand and she will run out of the cage and onto my lap then sort the food which is usually in to size and pile them up in different places around her cage! Running back and forth until its sorted!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Aww, food sorting sounds really cute. You've got an OCD rat!

Hmm, I'd never heard that dogs that chase their tails go mad. Maybe they don't go mad *because* they're chasing their tails, but because they're already experiencing some sort of mental issue that causes them to think that tail-chasing is a good idea. I mean, don't they chase their tails on their own accord, and not because they're trained to do so? Rats don't chase their tails the way dogs do, as far as I know.

And if you train your rat to do it with positive reinforcement, then your rat would only be doing it because they think they're going to get a treat.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I dunno. I've just heard many times that if dogs are encouraged to chase their tails too much it can send them mad. It could just be an old wives tail, though.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
haha, it might be an old wive's tale. most of those are started in order to get people to quit doing annoying or gross things anyway, no? like the "your face will get stuck that way" thing. it's really that no one wants to see you make that horrid face. and in the same way, it's annoying when your idiotic, although loveable dog, chases her tail at 400 miles an hour, lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
whenever i offer ronny food from my hand she stuffs as much as possible into her mouth until her cheeks pop out. it's cute.

Stephanie, your rat sounds hilarious! he tickles his belly...that's too cute.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh, Lola and Poppy do that-stuff loads in, run up stairs franticaly, hide it in the loo and dash back for more :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yeah he is hilarious all of my boys are weird though sniffs is a loner he hates everyone jackson is so old but he still thinks he is a baby, iriquois is a talker he sits there and moves his mouth like he is cursing me out, steve is hella tickelish, little man is a popcorn, fizzgig is so territorial he pees on EVERYTHING and sebastian is the calmest 6 week old rat i have ever met LoL

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Stephanie said:
and sebastian is the calmest 6 week old rat i have ever met LoL
I imagine he's worn out by just watching the other rats' antics! :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
he is in a seperate cage LoL he is too tiny to put in with the big boys just yet I am trying to do intro's between him and sniffs right now and they are fine together on the couch but as soon as he enters sniffs cage poor sniffs freezes and gets all freaked out LoL they are grooming eachother right now on the couch it's so cute

·
Registered
197 Posts
So TempleTon is the oddest rat I know... He like is so bonded to his cage, he will contantly climb in and out of it and when hes out side of it he wont go far from it. And when I go to pet him he'll freeze in his place and let you pet him, then when I do that little hand wresting thing with him he'll roll to his side, let you rub his tummy and he'll make little chirping sounds ((not bruxing))... hes a very odd rat. Oh and he totally ignores Alyssa.. although there was once when he did get into a small squabble with Alyssa but otherwise that its like she doesnt exist to him.

And Alyssa is a popcorn, she goes hopping and twitching and spazzing around my room when she gets excited ((its like she has ADHD :lol: )) and when she gets into trying to climb the curtains.. well theres no stopping her! if you do she'll just try climbing up you hand to get higher up the curtain.

~~I didnt know rats could do the cheek-stuffing thing.. ive never seen my rats do that, and ive never had a rat steel anything from me but food.~~

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hrm, Bert is very jumpy and bouncy and will pounce on my hand then pee on it >_> It's not that funny to me but I bet it sounds funny to everyone else.

And Alyssa I hope that them playing together was in reference to the past and you havn't just totally ignored nearly everyone telling you it is a horrible and dangerous thing to do without them being spayed/neutured >_> But yeah it is cute behavior but the dangerous nature of it lessens the cuteness tremendously for me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts