Rat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried dressing up their rat? I'd really love to make some tiny goggles for my ratties to wear for a photo (they'd be on their heads not over their eyes) but I don't know how much they'd like it.. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Maybe a little top hat.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I put little santa hats on my rats for Christmas! XD
Rat Rodent Guinea pig Hamster Gerbil Rat Christmas Hamster Winter Christmas eve

·
Registered
581 Posts
How did you get the hats to stay on?Adorable picture btw :3
I just plopped them on their heads. :3 I tricked them with treats so they would chew on those and then I just set the hats on them. Cheerios worked really well because they would munch on those for a bit and I had time to put the hats on and snap a few pictures. Dela (The black hooded) sat very still for me for a few minutes with her hat on and let me get a bunch of her.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahah well that's one way to do it xD I wonder if I could use that streachy alastic string they make for beading to hold em on..

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would use something like that. :3 I use it on my jewelry and it's pretty durable and would definitely do the job, so long as your rats don't get too nippy with it. I wonder if it would be easiest if you made it so the string went behind their ears? It would help to stabilize it...

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've seen pics of rats with tutus. I would love to turn my girls into pretty ballerinas, but I doubt any amount of bribe would work... Plus I can't sew, lol.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Has anyone tried dressing up their rat? I'd really love to make some tiny goggles for my ratties to wear for a photo (they'd be on their heads not over their eyes) but I don't know how much they'd like it.. Any thoughts?
I see pics all the time like that ... but I also know I'd never get Turvy to stay still long enough for it to work. Gigi is a bit headshy and Susie is all about the IDGAF. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
543 Posts
I‘ve tried it many times, it works! I wouldn’t suggest elastic as it makes the rats feel uncomfortable, but just plopping it on has worked for me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts