Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

i know i am very new here, and i love this forum, just had a little personal suggestion that people might like.

how about a diary section, everyone who wants one set one up as a new thread in that section and you can write daily about your rats, for instance, what new things you have discovered they can do or have taught them, funny stories, or just how they are progressing. like "a rats personal progress" diary!

there may be stuff like this already, but it's just a suggestion so you can follow your friends' ratties on a daily basis if you wish and comment, add encouragement or advice, that sort of thing...

...what do you all reckon? :D

jay x

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
That does seem a good idea. I often have minor things happen that I'd like to mention, but I'd rather not flood the forums... :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh! This is a great idea, and since my boys are going to be born soon having a place where I can flood with baby pics, and not bump more important stuff out would be a good thing. :-D

Emy

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like this idea....then we can post often without creating new threads for the little things that we love to share :D

I know I love to tell about my babies :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
we already have a section for that. its one of the uses for the "meet my rats" section. a couple people have done things like that there though with time they get buried. but that's mostly because they haven't added to the thread in a long time. but if you want it to be better noticed and diffieniate from the new rats coming home you could always put the word diary at then end of the topic title

·
Registered
261 Posts
im game for sure, this is a brainstorming idea and i think ratman, the administrator here would love it. i dont actually think meet my rats would be a good topic to post these in so i thnk it would be better to have a special section for rattie diaries; l 2nd

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
why do you think the meet my rats section is not a good section to talk about how your rats are doing? its actually one of the purposes for that section. "Post your rats photos and more....." the and more would be where the diary section would follow. its not JUST for introducing but for chatting about their day to day lives and how they are getting on. as i suggested before, if you want to differentiate between an introduction of a newbie to the diary of your rats then simply put the word "diary" somewhere in the title.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Although this is an old thread I'd like to chime in.

I'm generally against adding new forums. Doing so only adds clutter in my opinion. Meet my Rat is perfect for this diary section for exactly the reasons that twitch described. I think every major section that you'd want to have regarding rats is covered. (The only extra topic I could think of would be a "Hey I'm looking for a rat" forum, but even that I think is handled with the Rats Needing Homes forum)

If we begin adding new forums for minor things, people will get confused and we'll get more posts in the wrong forums than we do now. I think we're at a good number of forums right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts