Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
so I have 4 girls the mother and 3 daughters.
Saturday I came home and let them out for floor time. When I called them for dinner 3 came right away but the mom who is usually the fist to show was dragging her her hind legs. So I immediately started freaking out, she is what you call my heart rat.
so I started going down a internet hole and of course the worst thing popped up. Pt. So over course my mind went to a horrible place. I gave her some dox and some hydrocortisone oral, trying to make her comfortable knowing I may have to put her down. Well on Sunday I noticed a slight improvement so I continued the course of dox and hydro.
monday I took Murtah to the vet and the vet thinks it’s a back injury and not pt based on her age. So she prescribed gabapentin For now and meloxicam starting tomorrow(later start because of the hydrocortisone).
I have been seeing a slight improvement. I guess my question is has anyone experienced a situation like this before and about how long before you saw major improvement?
I mean she’s climbing a little bit which makes me nervous and running around and playing with her daughters but still a little slow.
any similar experience and advice would help set my mind at ease.
thank you
Chris

· Registered
Twig and Sprig 💕
79 Posts
Hi! My advice would be, to keep talking to, and updating your vet. I would also rearrange the cage to that it’s easier for her to move around. And make sure she‘s still eating and drinking. Keep me posted so that I can help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts