Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed my rats bedding to yesterdays news to see how it does. my rat started eating it, is small amounts safe to eat? or should i switch back. she also doesnt seem to like how hard it is i guess, shes throwing it all over. haha.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Haha, I asked this exact same question when I introduced my girls to YN. They seemed to enjoy munching on it, too. But they'll stop eventually, they're just curious. Just give it a few days; a little shouldn't hurt them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thx. did yours not like it at first? my rat has been sitting ina corner for the past 10-15 minutes ;/ she has a bunch of soft fleece and old t shirts to make a comfy spot with. but she cleared out a little bit of the bedding in the corner and is just sitting there after running around for an hour throwing it around.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hmm, I just used it as litter, their main bedding is fabric. They didn't seem to mind, although I think there's one rat (I can't tell who) who I swear purposely doesn't use the litter box. Oh well.
It probably does seem hard to them, but the if the silly rats have fleece and nice things available and don't want to use them, well, oh well I guess. Rats will be rats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts