Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new so I can't post this in the appropriate spot. We are new rat owners. They were given to my daughter as a gift. I feel terrible but when we got them we noticed one of the rats had a lump. I called to make an appointment with the only bet I could find that saw rats but, the vet was on vacation. I had to go out of town for a funeral and when we got back the lump turned to this. We were only gone for 5 days so I'm surprised it got like this. My mother in law didn't want to call us and disrupt things. I've called the vet and left a message for an appointment as we just got home this afternoon. Anyway, I was curious as to if anyone may have an idea as to what it could be. Unfortunately my trip to PA cost a lot of money since it was last minute and 4 people so I'm curious as to if its something I can fix at home or if it requires a vet visit.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Looks like a bad abscess that's popped. Check the sticky or google rat abscess. Flush it out with a saline rinse until it's clean. Keep flushing it at least once a day. If you hae raw honey, apply after you've cleaned it daily. Sorry I can't be of more help, I've just laid down to bed. Another resource is the Facebook group real rat lovers want to know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts