Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here feed the Debbie D Mix? I hardly ever hear it mentioned on any of the forums. Sometimes I see it mentioned in reference but usually the poster says that they personally don't use it. I've been using it and wondered if you all know something I don't?
Spider

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Which debbie d mix? the tofu one my friend uses it for her boys. I would too but it gets expensive after so long with how many rats i have.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't feed it, because with 7-9 rats, it's quite expensive and time consuming to make. Along with their homemade suebees-type grain mix, all my rats get a lot of cooked food in addition to their fruits and veggies, but I don't feel the need to have a dietary calendar. Beside that, when I tried that diet, almost half of my rats didn't like the molasses mix. :/ A lot of the things in it though I use in my grain mix, so I don't think it's a huge difference.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't stop to think most of you guy have mucho ratitas. I guess for the couple malo hombres I care for its not an issue.
I have good results, but only after switching Tempeh for tofu because any Soy product unless Fermented or Cultured is bad news.
Spider

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think in a strict comparison that the Fan Club diet is better then Suebees, just beacuse the fresh food is laid out for you. If there is ample and approprate food given with the Suebees diet as well, I think in the end that equal out quite nicely. :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
the tofu is ok as long as it is the packaged stuff also i don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my friends rats that get it are SUPER soft their coats are gloriously shiny too

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any Soy product unless its fermented has tremendous amounts of Phytoestrogens, 2 small glasses of soy milk a day can alter a womans menstral cycle. It never was eaten traditionally except as soy sauce, miso, tempeh where the fermentation breaks down the estrogen level. And who is promoting this wonder food Soy? Monsanto, and all the big seed companies who invest billions in making people believe its a wonder food.
Try 7 and 8 year old girls starting their periods fed on soy milk formula as an infant. Soy has positivly been linked to certain types of cancer tumor growth in Rats, so Thats why I only eat or feed Tempeh.
Spider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts