Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I’m concerned about what’s happening with my rat, she’s a little over 2 years old right now and she had surgery 3 and a half days ago now, on Thursday. She got a tumor removed off of her mammary on the left side and was also spayed and durning the same procedure. My mom picked her up from the vet for me and when I got home from work I noticed her front right foot and back right foot we’re swollen. I called the next morning, Friday, and left a message letting him know my concerns. I got a response later that afternoon letting me know that he wanted me to bring her in the next morning if it was still swollen and they would remove the bandages and leave them off for her. He also said if it got worse then to cut them off myself and keep an eye on her until I could get her in the next morning. Well she ended up slipping out of the bandages herself that night so I kept an eye on her and took her back in the next morning on Saturday. That morning however her foot was still swollen after having had the bandages off all night. I ended up picking her up at the end of the day and they basically told me that he’s not sure why those two feet on the right are swollen especially since her surgery was on the left side and to just keep massaging them and wait for them to go down and call if they get worse. I’m going to take her back tomorrow morning, Monday, but this evening after I got home from work I noticed now the tips of her toes and nails are starting to turn dark red/ black on those feet. The swelling went down slightly on the back foot however I’m highly concerned as they are now changing color... has anyone else experienced anything similar to this??? I’m at a loss

·
Registered
577 Posts
Pictures please!

Reactions: Willow&Whiskers

·
Registered
227 Posts
The tissue in her feet is dying/under distress like MinkShadow said... It could be from cut off circulation or another issue, but we can't diagnose it over the internet. Please call your vet ASAP and explain the situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts