Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was waiting for the day when ratta would get a tumor, because my husband has told me before that they would probably get one. Little Cliffhanger (albino, or "Himalayan" I think?) has a small tumor about the size of a pea on her side, by her ribs.

I wanted to know if this is something serious, if she could die soon or anything like that. As far as I know they can live normally with a tumor...

She is about a year and a half old, my closest guess. I have heard rats live about two years, is this true?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
You can have the tumor removed and have her live out the rest of her life just fine. I have rats that are pushing 3 and still acting like babies. Their life span depends on how they are treated and fed and how well you take care of them. Same as any animal LoL

·
Registered
638 Posts
My vet has two female pet rats, and she has performed tumor-removal surgeries on both of them. It's just very important to find a qualified vet, because surgeries on animals that are so small is a little bit tricky. It's definitely worth a try, though...and the sooner the better. Get to it while it's still the size of a pea.

I won't say that there isn't a risk involved, but chances are better for your rat if you get a competent vet to take care of the problem, rather than letting the tumor grow.

So sorry to hear about the tumor! Kissies to your ratty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.