Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my baby rat got bit by one of the others a few days ago, I cleaned it with a salt and water solution. But it looks worse then it did. How often should I clean it? and what should I use? It is scabbed over but it kind of looks like it could be infected a bit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Use hydrogen peroxide and a qtip. Clean it as often as possible at least once a day and if it starts to look infected you might want to try a warm compress for as long as she will let you two or three times a day

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's by her mouth though. I don't know if I should try with the peroxide near her mouth would she be fine with it if she licked it or something?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Once it is scabbed, it is pretty much pointless flushing it. I would not use anything more than water near sensitive areas such as eyes/noses/mouth anyway. If it gets infected, it will need antibiotics. Rats heal fast on their own usually. Hope she gets better soon.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. It is scabbed over but doesn't look like my other girls when they get scratched or something. I will keep cleaning it daily. Thanks everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.