Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when your rat licks and nibbles you up and down your arms? My new boy Genghis literally goes up and down my fingers and arms grooming me and its hysterical (and tickles like crazy!)

·
Registered
425 Posts
My one of my girls does this as well, I think she feels like I was grooming her and she wants to return the favor :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Riddles spends most of the day in my shirt and, between bouts of sleeping/snoring/talking/scratching himself, he's a furious groomer. If I was a man, my chest hair would be in tip top shape!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Means they like you! Jackjack (profile pic ratty) grooms everyone he meets as a gesture of friendship.

Unless you happen to be a goldfish cracker.

Then you're in for it. Nom!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine does it to my face. I have a lot of facial piercings and she "grooms" each one for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My guys all seem to think my eyebrows and eyelashes are filthy. haha!

·
Registered
190 Posts
One of my boys climbs up the underside of my hair in the back, and grooms me there. The first time I may have freaked out (new experience of a rat trying to get inside my hair - remember hearing from parents/grandparents that your hair looked like a "rats nest"? That was my first thought), but now it seems to be par for the course ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts