Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So admittedly I turn to this forum for everything on my rat. He's always always sneezed a lot and sometimes he clicks his teeth but when I rat phone him (put him up to my ear) his breathing sounds normal. His one eye has produced more porphyrin since I got him but today I've noticed he's acting a bit strange. I use carefresh bedding and kaytee fortified diet mixed with some seeds because he doesn't really eat lab blocks. Anyways usually he's super playful but it's clear he's not feeling well and his eye looks horrible. I'm not sure if its respiratory or not but I am very worried.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Either he could have an allergy to the bedding or something in the room, he may have the starts of respiratory illness, or something else I know nothing about. I'm no expert, but if this sort of thing gets worse, you may want to see a vet. I really hope he gets better, he seems like a sweet guy!

About the bedding, my rat Jujube didn't like the type of bedding I was using (Paper) so I switched to aspen pellets. She's now breathing much easier. Maybe try that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering taking him to banfield just to get a small check up...I've heard they're not the greatest but I have a free check up with them so I'm thinking I'll go and if I don't trust their judgement I'll go somewhere else. He could be allergic to the bedding I've never really thought about that. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts