Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Alicia and I am a 21 year old from New Jersey. I'm very excited to have rats once again. I owned a pet rat, Joey (named because he loved resting in my hoodie pockets like a baby kangaroo), when I was 15 whom I adored. He was full grown when I got him and we shared a great bond. Unfortunately, after two years he passed away very unexpectedly. My heart was broken and I knew it would take some time before I could bring myself to adopt some more. But now I'm ready and have a lot more knowledge about rats. I recently adopted three rats from a local pet store. I named them Heisenberg, Dixon, and Dexter after characters in three of my favorite shows (Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Dexter). I got them last Monday night and I was so unbelievably excited. I spent nearly $300 buying the best for my little guys in terms of a cage, toys, bedding, food, snacks and treats, hideaway houses, hammocks, and so on. I was stoked! However, I noticed that they were sneezing a lot. I gave it a day or two to see if it was just the new allergens that they needed to adjust to, but the sneezing did not subside. Nonetheless, I got them checked out and it turns out the pet store adopted them out to me sick. Two of them have URI's. The pet store apologized for adopting them to me sick and are currently treating my rats for me - free of charge. They assured me that as soon as they are better they will give me a call to pick them up again. And I'm able to visit them any time until then, which I did do today. I can't wait for them to come home. I miss them so much. It's been very quiet in my room at night time and I'm having a very hard time without them. However, they should be back home by next Wednesday at the very latest.
It's nice to meet everyone. I'm very excited to be apart of this community. Everyone please keep my ratties in your well wishes. And I hope we can all become friends. :blush::rat:

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good that the pet store is cover the costs of their treatment. I hope they have a speedy recovery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts