Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a huge deal, but I'm going to post here to make sure it doesn't become one...

My rat, Clementine has been itching under her right eye a lot. and it's become bald in a small spot under her eye.

I'm wondering if this could be signs of anything i should check out? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my girl Phoebe. I started to notice a bit of fur missing by her eye. After a couple days a whole ring around her eye was bald and I saw a scab. At this point I took her to the vet. Turns out that she had something stuck in her eye which is why she was scratching and the scratching caused the fur loss and scabs. They flushed it out of her eye and gave me some eye cream to use for about a week. She's all better now and the fur has grown back. They also did a skin scraping to check for mites just in case, since that's the other main thing that could have been the problem.

That being said, I would bring her to the vet to be checked. Have them check her for mites and also, just in case, have them check out her eye!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same thing happen with my girl Phoebe. I started to notice a bit of fur missing by her eye. After a couple days a whole ring around her eye was bald and I saw a scab. At this point I took her to the vet. Turns out that she had something stuck in her eye which is why she was scratching and the scratching caused the fur loss and scabs. They flushed it out of her eye and gave me some eye cream to use for about a week. She's all better now and the fur has grown back. They also did a skin scraping to check for mites just in case, since that's the other main thing that could have been the problem.

That being said, I would bring her to the vet to be checked. Have them check her for mites and also, just in case, have them check out her eye!

Ah alright. I'll set up an appointment soon. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts