Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my four girls are 4 mths old now and Buffy, who is the alpha, is a real character. I never know what to expect from her from one minute to the next. She literally seems to be OCD about a lot of things. She has to hide all the food the minute I put it in the bowl. She has to cover things up all the time. Well tonight I heard her furiously digging in the litter box so I got up to see what she was doing. She was emptying the litter box! She was kicking all of the litter and poops out of it and onto the shelf! I knew exactly what she was doing and why. I was supposed to clean the litter box today but I got busy and didn't get around it. It got late and I figured I'd just do it tomorrow. So Buffy took matters into her own paws and was cleaning out the litter box herself! LOL I said, "Ok Buffy, stop! I'll clean it right now!" I took the litter box out and scooped up all the litter and poop she had kicked out and went and emptied the box, cleaned it, and filled it with new litter. I put the box back in the cage and said, "There, it's done. Are you happy now?" She climbed into the box and pushed around some of the litter with her paws and then climbed back out and went to bed. Haha!

I just stood there shaking my head and laughing at her. I guess she's not gonna let me get away with letting litter box duty slide for a day or two.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Haha, that sounds pretty cute! One time we forgot to feed our boys on time and they started shaking the cage bars and banging on the plastic and made a huge racket until I came in to see what the heck was going on and realized they were out of food.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, that sounds pretty cute! One time we forgot to feed our boys on time and they started shaking the cage bars and banging on the plastic and made a huge racket until I came in to see what the heck was going on and realized they were out of food.
They are such funny little creatures aren't they? LOL They know the routine and what needs to be done and they're not gonna let us off the hook are they?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Adorable stories, I can relate to both! Especially in the morning if they're unusually hungry and I wake up a few minutes later than normal, it's the only time they chew on their cage bars and scrape their teeth on the litter box. I think it's because they know it's the loudest possible sound they can make in their cage and they want my attention, but mainly just my assistance in feeding them lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts