Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure my rats have skin mites. They are itching and making sores on the skin. I checked them thoroughly to make sure it wasn't lice. I am in the process of starting treatment but I have a quick question. Two out of four rats are from a breeder and super sweet. The third is extremely aggressive and I cant even get my hands near her. The fourth I believe is about to go. She is very old and not eating and drink a lot. The problem is I cant handle the mean one to bathe her and I don't want to move around my old rat more than I have to. I am not sure how I can treat all my rats if I cant really handle two of them. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to get them bathed without stressing them out. I really hate to separate them or really move the old one around. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Bathing is good for some quick relief but it isn't necessary to rid them of mites... I would go for an easy spot on treatment like Revolution to minimize the amount of contact you need to have with her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts