Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the names of your rats, or the names you plan to give future rats? I was curious : ) I've had a hankering to name my next two Teddy and Bear if they're male, and maybe name a girl Rose if I ever get another female. Of course, I'm just dreaming for now : )

·
Registered
624 Posts
Cheeseburger-Watson.
Bear Ninja.
Gandalf.
Spaghetti
Roger.
Winston.
Moo.
Cornelius.

Soon to be Panda..
And maybe getting another one. >=]

All male!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Molly- from MSI's song Molly
Mimi- Goddess of Death or dead minions I believe
Pastoolio- Invader Zim episode
Toast- All toasters toast toast!
V- V for Vendetta
Evy- V for Vendetta
Lynn- Lynn for short, but her real name is Little Ninja. I just combined the two. =P
Crostini- It means "little toast" in Italian. It's a type of appitizer.

I don't know about any future names until I get any future rats. Usually my names are spure of the moment names with backed up meanings. =P

·
Registered
49 Posts
Reptar
PomPom
Gouda
Berry
Moscato - aka Muskrat
Lumos
Nox
Magic
Sharpie
Oink (hairless)
Rogaine (hairless)
King Charming- Char for short

Yup. 12 rats. 7 girls, 5 boys.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Now-
Russel
Carmen

I have to see the rat before I name it, but I've always liked Benjeman.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
My girls are named: Khaleesi, Cersei, Sansa, Daenerys, Prue, Piper, Phoebe
My boys are named Remy & Malygos.

I like to keep a theme. All of my female rats are named after awesome female characters. My first two rats were named Willow & Sookie.
Currently my boys don't have a theme I named one from ratatouille & my husband named the other.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Current:
Balzac (hairless)
Nui (hooded dumbo F)
Ginko (now Bumpy because inoperable old lady bumps) (blue berkshire F)

Past:
Splinter (black self)
Batman (black hooded)
Robin (brown hooded)
Io (blonde hooded dumbo)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Current:
Balzac (hairless)
Nui (hooded dumbo F)
Ginko (now Bumpy because inoperable old lady bumps) (blue berkshire F)

Past:
Splinter (black self)
Batman (black hooded)
Robin (brown hooded)
Io (blonde hooded dumbo)
I laughed at Bumpy.. <3

·
Registered
161 Posts
Now:
Algernon- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Felicity: Arrow character, means 'happiness'
Robin- idk
Asher- biblical character
Azalea- flower, metaphor in To Kill A Mockingbird
Genesis- Book in the Bible

Future- Theseus, Donatello, Euclid, Othello, Pellinore- Once and Future King, Rosalind, Romulus, Remus, and Alaska

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ya, Bumpy kind of took me by surprise as a nickname.. I mean it's totally sad that she's so tumor-y but humour is a cruel mistress I guess..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well, I've only ever had two rats. They were/are both bucks.

My first rat's name was Nicodemus Hubbu Timothy C-T-K

My second rat is named Remy.

I've always wanted to name a rat Kirby, or Sundrop, or Little Furryball.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you name your rat Nicodemus after the Secret of Nimh? I love that movie : ) I'd love to have a girl named Nim, because it just sounds like a super cute rat name.

Well, I've only ever had two rats. They were/are both bucks.

My first rat's name was Nicodemus Hubbu Timothy C-T-K

My second rat is named Remy.

I've always wanted to name a rat Kirby, or Sundrop, or Little Furryball.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I kind of want a girl named Ophelia. I like going with old names that I love but could probably never give to my child for reasons of my mother probably removing me from her will XD You see, I like a lot of names that I've pitched to my own mother for a future child, and she cringes at most of them, lol. When I give it to a rat, she has no problem ; )
I also like Marigold, Mariposa (Spanish for Butterfly), Pippa, Piper, Luna, Poppy (<<<My Dad pointed out the irony of this, as poppies are toxic to rats), Pansy, Primrose, Rue (and no, not because of the Hunger Games). I generally enjoy nature names XD I'm an author so I always have names, and I guess rats are sort of an author's dream because of the fact that there are a lot of rats in the world that need names.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had:
Tybalt, Watson, Milosh, Basil (Baz)

I currently have:
Cato, Myra, Fergus

I would like to have:
Sophie, Inez, Amory, and a plain name like Jeff or Bill.

OR maybe some crazy names like Ebeneezer Crawpluff III and Guillermo Wilkinson-Peacracker-Torres.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love reading these names! My first two were named by my two sons. Drago named by the dragon lover and Charger named by the car lover. BUT I love the rats so much I want my own. Tomorrow I finally pick up my two babies!!! One is Homie, cuz he's my buddy. And I'm pretty sure the other one is Mrazzy, named after my favorite musician.

·
Registered
601 Posts
All my rats names are in my signature. :)

This is silly, but I really, really want a hairless rat named Chicken. LOL. I don't know why, I just do. And one day I will.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine are Mina, the woman from Dracula, and Shelley, after Mary Shelley.
I'm a bibliophile if it wasn't apparent :p
I love when people give rats random names, like those of food or things. I don't know why it just seems so cute :)
So far my theme seems to be Gothic literature x)
My other considerations were Lenore and Annabelle Lee, but once I saw them, I couldn't let go of Mina and Shelley as names, even though my friend thought of them for me. They just knew me too well I suppose. :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Merry and Pippin are both named after the Lord of the Rings characters. I was half way through reading Fellowship of the Ring when I got them. I want to name my next rats after Watership Down characters though. If I get girls: Hyzenthlay and Nildro-hain. If I get boys: Campion and Vervain (assuming I get 2 rats but idk)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts