Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my boyfriend and I have two rats we bought a few months ago my boyfriend doesnt really have the time to hangout with them so I usually feed change bedding play etc with. Everytime i hold Gus he always jumps on my shoulder either goes to nibble my ears my eyes (with makeup on) or he goes to the back of my head pushes my hair out of the way and nibbles the roots of my hair. What can i do to stop him from nibbling me. He doesnt nibble my boyfriend at all. I need some advice i feel like my rat doesnt like me

·
Registered
672 Posts
Rats are very interesting creatures. I am an RN, not all knowing in everything about rats. However, I have had them on and off for over 30 years, but anything I say is opinion only. If she is not biting you and drawing blood, I don't think what she is doing is because she doesn't like you. But maybe more so because she does like you. Possibly just her way of exploring you, to find out more about you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it hurts or makes you uncomfortable, you can squeak and pull away - as far as I know, that'll send the signal "that hurt, don't do that" because that's how a rat would respond. But if it doesn't hurt, that doesn't sound malicious at all! He might just be interested in your hair, jewelry, makeup, etc. that he doesn't see on your boyfriend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I've read, gentle nibbling may be a sort of grooming behaviour, much like licking! I'd take it as a gesture of affection :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts