Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy rat, Rigby, has recently had some breathing trouble {an upper respiratory infection}. I took him to the veterinarian yesterday, and she gave me antibiotic for him and told me to give him water through the same sort of squeezer that I'm using for his antibiotic.

He's a little over a year, and usually eats very well.

Anywho, I was wondering, since he isn't eating very well, is there any sort of liquid formula that is safe to give him with proteins and vitamins so he can get better faster?

When one of my puppies was dying I used fake dog milk and nourished her back, I was wondering if there was something along the same lines that could be used for a rat.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You could try baby food or apple sauce.

(welcome to the forums, btw :))

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DonnaK said:
You could try baby food or apple sauce.

(welcome to the forums, btw :))
Thank you. =D

Baby food like mashed carrots and things?

He's a big blueberry fan, so I'm wondering if there'll be any blueberries. :wink:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mine love chicken types of babyfood. Yogurt is great too, oatmeal with some honey mixed in, that sort of thing.

Good luck with him :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
MeaLasVegas said:
Baby food like mashed carrots and things?

He's a big blueberry fan, so I'm wondering if there'll be any blueberries. :wink:
I would just have a look what there is. Try to pick something that's as close to natural as you can, but don't worry so much about that if he's not eating at all - main priority is get him eating something. You could also try some watermelon - this will be a good way of hydrating him, if you can get him to eat it. Our girls love it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
mixed veggie baby food would be best but Joshu seemed to prefer the chicken when he wasn't eating. Hopefully your little guy pulls through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts