Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, My love and I got home from our trip to visit my family in WA yesterday, and today we took care of a couple of errands, then picked up the rats. :3

We have a pretty berkshire pearl-colored girl named Oz Dust, after the Oz Dust ballroom in Wicked, the Broadway musical (I call her Dust for short), and a hoodie (black hood) named Gohma after the Japanese word for Sesame seeds because of the spots on her back, but spelled like the spider queen boss from Legend of Zelda... So she's in a way named after two things.

They're both really sweet, although both have sneezed a couple times since we brought them home. I'm going to call the vet to give them a checkup asap, and maybe get some Baytril if they need it for the sneezes... I wish I could take a bit of it from work (I work at Petco, though that's not where I got these two from), but I can't. :roll: They don't have any porphyrin though, so I'm not horribly worried. It may just be from the stress from moving to a new place.... right?

I gave them a small piece of a green grape and held it so they were forced to eat it out of my fingers instead of taking it and running. I've also been talking to them a lot and saying their names. I can already tell Dust is going to be a good shoulder rat. The first place she goes for is my shoulder when I hold her, but Gohma is a little more eager to get out of your hands and back into her cage.

Both have test-nibbled me and Arthur, but they stop immediately when we say "no nibbles." Sometimes they try again but we just continue telling them not to in a gentle but serious voice.

Right now they're on crappy pet store brand lab block, so I'm going to buy some high quality rat food online right away and get them on that as soon as I can and throw away the rest of the pet store brand food.

Pictures soon. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Re: Rat Patooties

Yes, pictures, please! I can't wait to see a pearl coloring, or sesame seed markings!

·
Registered
626 Posts

They soud like real cutties, posts some pics asap!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not a very good picture... I washed their fleece blanket and plush tent today, so they were confused and afraid of the camera. It really does no justice at all to Dust. Her face is hidden for one, and the camera failed to show how pretty her fur really is.

·
Registered
119 Posts

so cute!!!!
P.S. I LOVE Wicked. I've seen it three times. It's one of my favorite musicals, among several others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts