Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rat peed on a piece of paper and I noticed it's a pink tint 馃槵 Please help what does this mean. I've look around on Google and there is all this terrible stuff. I desperately don't want to believe any of that stuff 馃槦

He's about three months old, and besides the strange color pee, he's completely healthy. He does sneeze occasionally, but nothing else serious along with that. I just noticed the change in pee color, but I'm not sure how long it's been like that or if this just happened.

I'm sure if you can see it very well, but it's a soft pink kinda color.

Ok, for some reason tonight he is sneezing a lot 馃槵 I literally have no clue why.

Please help me find a cure / the cause for this 馃檹馃ズ

Registered
My rat peed on a piece of paper and I noticed it's a pink tint 馃槵 Please help what does this mean. I've look around on Google and there is all this terrible stuff. I desperately don't want to believe any of that stuff 馃槦

He's about three months old, and besides the strange color pee, he's completely healthy. He does sneeze occasionally, but nothing else serious along with that. I just noticed the change in pee color, but I'm not sure how long it's been like that or if this just happened.

View attachment 305543 I'm sure if you can see it very well, but it's a soft pink kinda color.

Ok, for some reason tonight he is sneezing a lot 馃槵 I literally have no clue why.

Please help me find a cure / the cause for this 馃檹馃ズ
Hey, it could be caused by red food but also its likely to be a urinary track infection. If you haven't fed them anything red I recommend getting some antibiotics from a vet :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, it could be caused by red food but also its likely to be a urinary track infection. If you haven't fed them anything red I recommend getting some antibiotics from a vet :)
Thank you 馃榿鉂 But the problem is we don't have a vet near us that I could bring him too, and I most likely won't be able to pay for it 馃槱馃槥

Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby
It depends where you go but vet visits for rats can be in the hundreds.

Registered
Unless it is a big surgery or a big procedure, it usually doesn鈥檛 go over $500

Registered
Oh no!! I really hope I didn鈥檛 make you feel bad, you aren鈥檛 a bad owner! It鈥檚 good that you are even concerned about them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no!! I really hope I didn鈥檛 make you feel bad, you aren鈥檛 a bad owner! It鈥檚 good that you are even concerned about them.
Im always concerned about them 馃槄馃ゲ I just feel bad because I didn't think about their health 馃槚 and it's fine, I know you mean well 鉂

Registered
Thank you 馃榿鉂 But the problem is we don't have a vet near us that I could bring him too, and I most likely won't be able to pay for it 馃槱馃槥
If you can get some frozen/fresh cranberries without added sugar it could help with the symptoms whilst you try and find a vet.. It helps with utis in humans after all 馃

Registered
Where are you located ? I got 2 types of general antibiotics at a online bird store without prescription bc my one girl was always getting respiratory issues. It鈥檚 the same thing as rodent antibiotics buts it鈥檚 concentrated so you have to do the calculations REALLY carefully.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
?Yeah. Also I love your pfp, are those your rats
I agree, I've never seen the brown pattern before, it's amazing 馃槏
(Btw, it says Sensitive Content, but it's actually just a picture of Eugene cuddling next to my arm 馃ぃ)

Oh, yes, sorry for the late reply!! Those are my rats, the brown looking one is Eugene and he's actually silver now! 馃榿 He's a Silvermane so he started off with a dark brownish looking gray stripe and later it fades into a glossy silver color!!

< before (that's him with his brother Dubs)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
< after (heh, he's a cuddlely boi)(this isn't the best picture, but I couldn't find a different one)

Silvermanes feel like soft silk clouds btw 馃ぃ he is VERY soft

1 - 20 of 28 Posts