Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here! I have one male rat named Cosmo. He's black and white. I've had him since April 17th.:p;D I've been creative about making toys and I went to dollar tree and got some baskets, baby link play toys, dog ropes, office stack bins, and cat toys for him to play with.8) I've been wondering if anyone else has any ideas.:confused: Does anyone know of a place to foster rats in cleveland, ohio? I was looking to foster a friend for Cosmo. Also, please post a picture of your cages here because I am wondering what new cage I should get. I was thinking about a ferret nation.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hello, welcome to the ratforum. Have you tried stuffing a toilet roll with treats and then covering the ends with toilet paper or a cheerio line out of ribbon and cheerios hanging up in their cage? My boys love these little puzzle toys! I have a critter nation which is exactly like a ferret nation but with smaller bar spacing. I love this cage so much so I would highly recommend an FN or CN. I would post a picture but there are already so many of the critter nation since it is the most popular rat cage so not sure if it would be helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
these are all super fun ideas! I would be a little cautious of buying toys from the dollar store because some plastics could contain chemicals that are no good for your little friend. A fun idea that rats love is to get a small shoe box (or something like that) and put some organic soil in it (cat grass from the grocery store works great!) and let them dig! they love to get dirty and find shiny things in the dirt. In the summer time I also like to provide a large bowl of water and fill it with snacks like cereals or frozen veggies for them to fish out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts