Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be sill questions, but I still don't know what popcorning and boggling is! What do they both mean?

·
Registered
527 Posts
"popcorning" is a term used to describe the way young rats play..they bounce around just like popcorn in an air popper. :wink:
"boggling" is a thing very happy rats do while bruxing..it involves moving their eyes in and out of their sockets very rapidly (you should search for this on youtube..it's kind of weird, but super cute!)

hope that helped!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! That was so helpful. I had figured thats what they both meant, but I wasn't positive. My one girl Miss Big (my girl who was abused and bitey) has done this and I was sure she was having a seizure or something was wrong with her!! Now I feel stupid. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Don't feel stupid. I almost cra**ed myself when I saw my first boggle thinking that the poor rats brain was exploding or something LMAO

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah it's a good idea to go to youtube and type in "rat boggle" so you can prepare yourself in case you ever do see it. If I hadn't already known what it was I would have freaked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called my fiancee to look at her b/c I never saw one of my rats do it. She was the last rattie who I thought would boggle. I figured one of my other girls that are really affectionate and nuzzles and kisses me would do it. Instead it's the one that is fearful of hands and squeaks when you try to pick her up! She went form a pet store to an abusive little boy to a shelter for a month, so I guess this is heaven for her. I am just happy that she is that happy. My young rat (about 6 or 7 mths) popcorns once in a while. That sure is a strange way to show pleasure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts