Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Coffee, Bagel, Piper, Sprout, Sonya, And 2 new rats coming soon!
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
My rat sprout has a respiratory infection! She has been really sleepy and just… wierd. I am going to separat her for a few days to let her have some peace away from the babies. And where their rat cage is, it’s pretty cold. My room is very warm. But I need antibiotics! I couldn’t find any baytril that would come quickly! But I found some quick fish mox with free same-day shipping! Is this the right one? https://efishmox.com/collections/fi...roducts/aqua-mox-250-mg-amoxicillin-100-count
what is the dosage?

TYSM,
Sierra

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would answer, but I have a slight problem... I have absolutly no idea. So, I would say seperate her, put her in your room, and wait for someone else to respond :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: RatCrazyGirl

·
Registered
Clover Bean Yuly, Cookie Oreo Yuly, and Dobby Garlic Yuly.
50 Posts
Honestly, I would bring your rat to the vets. It’s so much easier for you and safer for your rat. :)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The [RatGuide] suggest a dose range of anywhere from 10 to 50 mg/kg. To figure out your particular rat's dose amount, you would need to determine what exact dose (10-50 mg/kg) is appropriate based on her symptoms, then figure out her weight in grams, then do the math to figure out how many milligrams that comes out to be based on the mg/kg amount, then dissolve a tablet into a very exact amount of some sort of liquid, then figure out the concentration of that liquid (mg/ml), then measure out the correct amount of liquid that contains the exact number of milligrams of medicine based on your rat's symptoms and weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts