Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was passing out treats this evening and Sam, always eager to get more than his brothers, decided to stand on his hind legs at the very edge of the cage to grab them before Baz or Deo could. He over balanced and went plummeting the five or so feet to the hard wood floor, I swear his little rat life flashed before my eyes.
From the first moment I saw him with his late brother Casanova, they were such tiny little things, to watching him sleep earlier this afternoon when I should have been working.
I tossed the treats behind me as I dropped to my knees and managed to catch him just a fraction of an inch before he hit!! I then proceeded to cuddle him and stuff him full of treats until we both felt better.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My mum has a anti social rat that she adopted to live on its own , this rat is gawjuz but hates any other rats but thrives from stimualting toys and human love , and she has had many a falls from being silly in her cage or getting distracted whilst climbing..rats are usually quite good landing with there feet but lucky u caught ur little rattie
Jess x

·
Registered
69 Posts
I prob would have died if that happened to me! lol Glad you caught him like :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's good that you caught him, but rats are more resilient than you might think. One of the rats I had years ago once tried to jump from the back of a chair onto my dresser, which were both about 3 feet off the ground. Well, she didn't quite get the distance she needed and smacked right into the side of the dresser, then fell onto the carpet. She was perfectly fine, and I had a good laugh after I made sure she was ok.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lucky that you caught him! A couple days ago my rat slipped off my desk and fell about 2 and a half feet to the ground! I was so worried, but he was fine; running around as usual.

·
Registered
323 Posts
that would have been bad if you had not caught him! Great thing you caught him! His little ratty life probably did flash before his eyes! You caught him just in time though!

He loves you a lot more now because you are his hero! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts