Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but anyway, I play with my rats every day and one of them scratched me. no big deal. but now the scratch has little bumps on it and it itches. it itches around the scratch more than the scratch itself. I've been putting Neosporin on it. the scratch is small but, should i be worried or did a bug bite me? what are ways to deal with it. this has never happened before and my rats scratch me all the time and they are 7 months and 10 months

·
Registered
994 Posts
Usually scratches don't bother me either but sometimes if they've walked through their own urine and then scratched me it will go red and irritated, but by the next day it goes away. But there was one time where they scratched me on my finger and it got swollen and very painful, Anyway I ignored it and later that day i was playing with them and i noticed that On pippins paw, the very tip of one of her claws had broken off and sure enough I take a closer look at the scratch under a light and I see a tiny peice of nail embedded in my skin. So yeah, that can happen. But if it isnt swollen or painful then I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts