Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go out of town for a night last weekend, and I couldn't find anyone to watch my girls. It was only a night, luckily, so I knew it would be fine. It got me to thinking, though...how am I ever going to go on vacation? All of the boarding facilities in my area takes cats and dogs. I found one in Dallas that says they board exotics, but they won't list their prices and say you have to have your animal examined by one of THEIR vets in order to be boarded. No prices for that service listed either!

I would also worry that they would be kept somewhere stressful and that it would break them down and lead to illnesss (i.e. housing them next to a bunch of amazonian birds). Birds are LOUD. Every time I go to the vet my girls have a coronary because there are about 10 parrots in the lobby making noise. Since their hearing is superior to ours, I try to keep their environment as calm and quiet as possible. Even when they were housed downstairs in the family room, they seemed to be stressed from all of the noise. Now they're back in my room and relaxed as ever. They're becoming escape artists, but they're happy.

Does anyone here rat-sit? Do you know of any rat sitters, or services that will board your rats in Dallas? I can't even ask my relatives to take them, because they believe wholeheartedly that their many cats and/or dogs will kill them. They're probably right.

Besides that, what's the longest you've left your rats home?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've never boarded my rats, nor do I plan to, but the Boat Club Road Animal Hospital boards animals. Not sure if they will do rats, but the vet there is great and treats rats. It might be too far from you, though, since it's near Eagle Mountain Lake, on the other side of Fort Worth. I never asked if they board rats, but you could call and ask. I don't know about boarding prices, but overall they tend to be on the expensive side with vet services. Much more than what you're used to at the other vet I recommended to you, lol. But they're good people. That's where I take my rats to be put down and cremated or in an emergency.

http://bcrah.com/

All the information should be under the Resort's page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts