Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm terrible when it comes to rat shopping on the weekends. You see, I get paid every Friday and usually by Monday all my spare cash has been spent on the rats LOL

I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys usually buy your furkids over a weekend?

For example; this weekend I've bought

*Prawn crackers and plain noodles (they had a Chinese take out last night lol)
*A wicker basket to be used as a bed
*Two wash mits - which will double as sleeping pouches
*4 tiny tennis balls
*An igloo castle
*A cat carrying box - for use taking the rats to the vets

This was a calm weekend for me. Next weekend will be worse as I'll be bringing home two new boys and getting a new cage + accessories lol

EDIT: I've just browsed back and noticed like a nunce I've added this in the wrong section! Can it be moved to General?! Sorry!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well, I have to admit I'm not as bad - but I also only just added 2 boys so I only have 4 rats. My problem is buying them treats and fresh food and trying to make sure it doesn't go bad before they eat all of it :) I am planning a trip to a thrift store to get lots of hand towels to turn into hammocks. I'm still at a loss for toys - my girls seem to ignore everything and the boys are just lumps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We have only had our four girls for two weeks and just got a new, much larger cage so this weekend we picked up some essentials. We bought a corner litter pan, water bottle, food dish and three yards of fleece to deck it out in hammocks, tunnels and shelf covers.

Our Martin's cage should get here this week so I'll have to buy more cage essentials and tons of colorful fleece to deck it out too! Right now the girls are so happy to have a ton of space that they pretty much leave the random toys alone. I'm thinking about a wheel and we will also need a travel cage. All I know is this week will bring on the rat spending frenzy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts