1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

well i thought my rats might be a little bored lol

in there cage they have

2 rope toys which clip on to the side of there cage - one rope toy has lil wooden blocks on ..

they have a hamock and 2 beds - 1 is a box with baby clothes and one is a webcam box all shut up with one in built hole - this was put in there cage 10 minutes ago and they love it - all 3 stuff themselfs in there lol

i also used a bandana and made a small ropey sorta toy out of that - they also have a big ball pit ball and a small cat ball toy with a lil bell inside..and a castle which is ment for fish but seems a good idea for the rats to run around and climb on - im hopin they will be quiter tonight now theres new things in the cage lol - wishful thinking
any more ideas for home made toys (i know theres site fors them but thought we could share what we have made and brought)
Jess x

·
Registered
323 Posts
have you tried toilet paper tubes?

also, kleenes boxes work, and have you ever tried fingerk nitting fo rope toys?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My rats have toliet roll tubes and the kitchen roll tubes to :) they show minimal intrest in them though :|

They love any fabric they can hide under :D

Jess x

·
Registered
323 Posts
have you tried putting socks or.....finger knitting or any kind of knitting in your rats cages?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine have lots of baby clothes in there which are a pain because my rats pee on them i have to wash them everyother day - handwash and dry on the radiator..my rats have various peek a boo boxes filled with different bedding which helps keep them occupied for a while..also today i rotated some stuff after cage clear out and put there long plastic pink tube in - which they love! next clear out though the pink tube will only be used for free range tub time and i will put somthing like a mini build climbing frame in there - i do this because it gives the rats more stimulation instead of having the same old things in there
Jess x

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think I read somewhere on this site that you can buy toddler's jogging pants and cut the legs off to use them as cloth tubes for the rats to run through. You could probably run a rope through it and attach to each end of the cage to keep it open.

Deb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts