Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm wanting to get my girls some toys for Christmas. My question is simple- what? They've had wood chews before, but it wasn't a big hit (they just ended up chewing the tunnels in their cage instead). And they've had the little jingly cat balls, but only one of them REALLY loves them. I honestly feel really bad- I want them to have a lot to play with in their cage, but I feel like I'm running out of ideas.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
feathers! get cat toys from the clearance bin, and if they have feathers your rats will love them. mine also love mardi gras beads (8/$1 at the dollar store or party supply stores) and bird toys (dangly, chewy, etc).

·
Registered
130 Posts
My girls love their Wine rack, CD rack, Hanging baskets and plant pots best. Around christmas I put some christmas stockings in for them to hide in coz it makes the cage look nice for christmas and it gives them a change from the normal hammocks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My girls love their ropes. They've got a bird one in there at the moment, which acts as a bridge and screws onto the cage.
I've also got them a big rope which is designed for rodents in there, which I got from Pets At Home.

They also LOVE bird perches! Demostrated here by Dotty and Doris...

Sorry about the darkness.
That's when I'd just brought the perches for them and that was their first attemot of sitting on them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
PVC pipe! make a crazy maze out of the predrilled drainage pvc for out of cage playtime or add the connectors in various shapes in the cage for gret hidey and climby holes...

my girls LOVE thier threeway and will chase eachother through it for hours! the boys use theirs as a hidey hole

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
do you have pictures of the threeway?

·
Registered
16 Posts
ill get a couple tonight for ya, there just simple conectors, nothing fancy in the cage but they love them
but they look like these

thats the one in the girls cage

and the boys currently have

when there not sleeping in them there running trhough them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts