Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (somewhat) successfully trained my rat to pull a string up to get to the treat-filed cup tied to the end :D I say somewhat because instead of using her paws to pull the string up, she just grabs the string with her mouth and walks backwards until the cup is lifted up over the shelf and tips over 馃おIt didn't take long for her to figure it out. She was initially afraid of the swinging string and cup so I left her alone for awhile. Then I tried again and she grabbed the string and got the cup to come up and spill out the treats 馃槂

The next thing I want to train her to do is rat basketball. The mini wiffle / practice golf balls should be arriving tomorrow. I can use cat balls for now. She's happy to grab the ball but she'll take the ball into her nesting box and gnaw on it 馃槵 Not sure how to train her to not run off to her box with a ball.

Registered
Twig and Sprig 馃挄
I (somewhat) successfully trained my rat to pull a string up to get to the treat-filed cup tied to the end :D I say somewhat because instead of using her paws to pull the string up, she just grabs the string with her mouth and walks backwards until the cup is lifted up over the shelf and tips over 馃おIt didn't take long for her to figure it out. She was initially afraid of the swinging string and cup so I left her alone for awhile. Then I tried again and she grabbed the string and got the cup to come up and spill out the treats 馃槂

The next thing I want to train her to do is rat basketball. The mini wiffle / practice golf balls should be arriving tomorrow. I can use cat balls for now. She's happy to grab the ball but she'll take the ball into her nesting box and gnaw on it 馃槵 Not sure how to train her to not run off to her box with a ball.
Haha! That鈥檚 awesome! With my rat Sprig, I鈥檝e taught her how to spin, paw, come, and walk on a tightrope! I use a wooden dowel across two chairs for a tight rope! Rats are so smart! 馃挍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts