Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently had a female rat undergo surgery for a tumor and shes doing extremely well. Ive kept her in a seperate cage from her sister because her sister gets a little aggresive. I usually give them both a hour outside of their cage for free roam time. But i havent let out the one that underwent surgery the past 3 days because i wanna make sure she dosent bother the incision. It looks better then it did on day one. And i was given pain meds from the vet to give to her, i had a 5 day supply and accidnetly gave her 2 of them the other day because i wasnt sure she had gotten the first one. So she has about one days (tommorow) of pain killers left but it seems to be healing well hopefully it wont cause a issue. But was wondering if i should allow her free roam today for a short amount of time since she seems all active and jumpy now or if i should wait till she gets all her medicines and then give her free roam time. Was gonna give it about a week until i put her back with her sister just in case. Was wondering what your options were on this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have pictures of the incision that im taking every day so i can see the difference. Didnt wanna upload it here because some people might find it disturbing

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think it would be good to let her out for some free roam if she seems energetic. Some exercise is actually good for healing. I'm sure she misses her sister too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts