Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ratty is the dominant rat she made sure Riley Jr. knew this, so I wasn't concerned when she got fatter then Riley Jr.
We teased her a little called her fatty Ratty.
However she started acting like she was starving, nearly taking my finger off when I gave her food. I look it up and the internet said that rats have different personalities like people so I wrote it off.
Now she is skinnier then Riley Jr.
Do you think we hurt her feelings and now she has an eating disorder, or maybe I switched the rats (not likely), or maybe she is sick?
If she's sick what could it be. I haven't really found anything on the internet about it.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Don't worry about hurting her feelings, rats don't take words like we do, they take the sentiments with them.

How old is she and can you get a photo of her stretched out running or climbing so we can see if she's fat or thin

It's hard to tell if you have a health problem here, first off I'd try weighing her once a week for a couple of weeks, looking for how much she's loosing, if she is ( she might have had a growth spurt or something), also is she showing any signs of discomfort such as sitting hunched or fluffy and bruxing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts