Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this just seems strange to me.

The rats got weighed today (Baileys also got weighed the last two days, to make sure he'd fit into the FN).

In order of age:
Bacardi, my agouti self: 263g
Pernod, my black hooded 499g 8O
Guinness, my black self with Irish markings 273 g
Baileys, my fawn hooded 267g (255 yesterday, 237 the day before 8O )

Is there any reason Perry and Baileys would be growing so very fast? Perry's a lazy butt, so that does make sense to me, but Baileys darts about like a monkey and climbs the walls begging to go out.

Just seems odd, like the more white they have the faster they grow.

Or maybe it's something else?

I don't know. :?:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Aww, your boys are lightweights! How old are they?

My girls are as follows;

Amelia (13 months) - 230 g (normally 300, but is battling resp. issues)
Siam (10 months) - 310 g
Willow (7 months) - 270 g
Belle (10 weeks) - 210 g

I have a feeling Belle is going to be a good sized girl :D. Amelia's weight has been so random lately, but she had just finished a course of Baytril and had a few days just to see what she was breathing like on her own. In that time she went from 270 g down to 230 g. She's back on meds (baytril plus doxy) and being weighed everyday.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hee hee... My roomie thinks Perry's too fat, I keep telling her he'll probably get bigger...

Bacardi's roughly 6 months, Perry's 5, Guinness is three and Baileys is two, I think.

So they've got plenty of growing to do. Gosh, Amelia's lost a lot of weight! Poor thing. :(

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hah, Odin is 670g and 9 months old
Bastian is somewhere around 530-570 can't remember, 8 months old
and I don't know how much Bert weighs but he's so tiny compared both Odin and Bastian. He's somewhere around 4 months I suspect. I'm geussing he is at least half of Bastian's weight so probably around 250-300. I donno he's so tiny.

My boys are big XD ESPECIALLY Odin. I think Odin might of lost some weight recently and have gotten back down to 645 but I'm not sure. I cut out the suebees mix which caused him to go from 645 to 670 in two weeks o_O

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ok so here is my question. I just noticed that my rat Steve (approx 10 months old) has doubled in size around in a week! he has gotten sooo fat. now will he gain more weight because he got nuetered today? I know that cats do but is that how it works with rats too??

·
Registered
730 Posts
the reason any animal gains weight after a neuter is because they loose that roaming instinct that comes with the extra testosterone, and because their owners don't alter their diet to remedy that. I've never seen a rat post neuter gain a large amount of weight, but I suppose anything's possible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts