Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I cannot make this post longer, I have to catch a bus in like 4 minutes!

One of my rats is making the strangest noises. It started this morning. I am worried about a respiratory infection, as he has done this before, but it was about a month ago and it stopped after an hour or so.

He is moving around, eating, and sabotaging his cage mate's breakfast as usual!

Here is a quick recording I managed to capture http://vocaroo.com/i/s1K0oSq2qGAQ

Could anyone give me any ideas as to what this is? Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can't really hear the recording, but if it sounds like a clicking/wheezing almost like a snort, when they breathe and you suspect a uri, get your furry friend to the vet as soon as you can!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I experienced this 5 days ago with my boy Justin. Exactly the same sound as I heard on your recording. The next day I had to rush him as his breathing did not get better. He was put on antibiotics. The day I heard Justin's breathing like that, he was also fine, playing and still eating. But the next day I followed my gut and took him. Thank goodness I did. You should get your little one to the Vet as soon as you can.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had one die suddenly and unexpectedly from something like this. We only had him for a week and I was new to rats so I didn't realize he was sick. I actually thought he was bruxing. The morning he died I played with him and he seemed fine. A few hours later I found him dead. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.