Rat Forum banner

Ratatouille and Peanut say HELLO!

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Sgreene9398 
#1 ·
Hello Rattatouir's!

I found this forum while unfortunately searching for "tumors on rats" because my 2 year old girl who I grabbed from being euthanized by my girlfriends college has a bump the size of a nickel just infront of her left front leg. Luckily my girlfriend is a vet tech and the vet she works for at a petsmart banfield facility has agreed to see my rat and possible surgery if need be to remove the lump. Anyways we have two rats, my rat is a albino lab rat and my girlfriend has a rat we picked up for a companion. They just wanted to say Hi!

I cant figure out why the photos are sideways but here they are.

Peanut8) Animal shelter Cage Rat

Ratatouille 8)
Cat Felidae Leg Small to medium-sized cats Fawn

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you, she was young in that picture. I can't upload pictures from my phone, the forum gives me an error message but she was a young girl in that picture. We are taking her to the vet this afternoon and I will have to update you guys on how she is doing. Thank you for the wonderful support!

#7 ·
Well Ratatouille just got home from the vet, she is scheduled for surgery on Thursday. My girlfriend will assist in the operation which makes the comfort level for me go up knowing everything humanly possibly to make Touille comfortable will happen. I have chosen to have the lump biopsied for piece of mind. Its definitely $300 well spent to operate on her, I just hope all goes well without issue.

#9 ·
Thank you, Im just so nervous and down in the dumps that something might go wrong. I have started her on antibiotics yesterday because she is wheezing and sneezing, i noticed she had red discharge around her nose today when i gave her her medicine. I wanna get this over with and her back to being herself cancer free.

The picture of her under the towel was back when we first got her and she was so young, here she is as of a few minutes ago.

Room

Hamster Rat Gerbil Muridae Rodent

Rat Nose Cage Rabbit Rabbits and Hares

#12 ·
Just a quick update, Touille is home and in her hospital cage. She is eating a drinking very well and has chewed everything in her hospital cage. It's a big weight lifted off our shoulders now we just need to keep her as comfortable as possible on the road to recovery. Thanks again for the support.

#15 ·
Thank you gottagetmorerattery and FlyKite!

She is doing very well, she is back with her sister in the big cage and she is recovering very well. I just gave her her dose of Baytril for the night and Peanut too for her URI, the doctor we used was very good in the sugery and Touille will be sending her a thank you card with a picture of her on it. Touille is so spoiled, me and my Girlfriend were just talking that whatever Touille wants she deserves after being a lab rat most of her baby life. So as you can see in the picture of her hospital cage she had soft liners and one to curl in as well as a plush bed we bought her that she loves to nap in, she also received Bannana(her favorite) baby food practically spoon fed to her(like a queen). Although she is very skittish to people but she trusts me and my Girlfriend, today we had an early Thanksgiving with some family and when Touille and Peanut got their pieces of Turkey for the first time they didnt quite know if it was food or my finger between the bars so they both delicately took the Turkey and realized it was not a hand, NOM NOM NOM NOM. I even wondered if they would be fooled to think my finger was turkey with the grease on them, when I stuck my finger between the bars of their cage they ran up and only licked my finger clean, I told my Girlfriend we are very lucky to have such sweet girls and after all Touille has been through before we rescued her she still has the kindest, gentle heart. She will always be MY girl.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.